What are cookies?
which could be installed on your device (e.g. PC, smartphone, tablet) when visiting this site.
A cookie is a piece of text created on the user’s computer upon accessing a certain site, with the aim of storing and transferring information. The cookies are sent by a web server (which is the computer on which the web site is being visited) to the user’s browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google, Chrome, etc.) and are memorized on the latter’s PC; they are then resent to the web site at the subsequent visits.
According to the EU Regulation 2016/679 on matters of personal data protection, the cookie constitutes personal data when they can be associated to a device, and therefore to an identifiable person.
Types of cookies
There are different types of cookies that contain different information and carry out different functions (e.g. performing IT authentications, sessions monitoring, memorization of favourites for the sending of messages, targeted advertisements, etc.). Each cookie, in turn, contains different data (e.g. the name of the server the data comes from. A numerical identifier, etc.). Such data can remain in the user’s device for various periods of time – a session of the browser, a few hours, several days or longer periods.
Cookies that serve to carry out surfing or furnish a service requested by the user. They are not used for
Technical cookies are needed for the correct functioning of the site. Without using such cookies, some operations could not be done or would be more complex and/or less safe. Therefore, the technical cookies are indispensable.
Technical cookies do not require the user’s consent, since they are needed for the correct functioning of the site.
Analytical cookies of third parties used as technical cookies
Third-party analytical cookies can be assimilated to technical cookies only if used for the aims of optimising the site by the site owner himself, to gather information in aggregate form on the number of users and of how these visit the site.
When technical cookies are used and the anonymisation measures are adopted as prescribed by the Authority, analytical cookies are necessary to allow the site owner to improve its functions and the user’s experience on the site.
The user’s consent is not necessary, since we have activated the anonymisation function of the IP address and use the data in aggregate form.
Cookies used to track a user’s overall activities online, and which create a profile on his tastes, habits, choices, etc. With these cookies advertising messages online can be transmitted to the user’s terminal with the preferences shown by the user while browsing online.
Profiling cookies are not strictly necessary for the good performance of the site, and therefore the user may decide whether or not to install these cookies.
The user’s consent is needed for the installation of profiling cookies and this may be manifested or revoked by the user.
What cookies are used?
This site uses:
- Technical session cookies and for browsing: Cookies of this type are necessary for the correct performance of the site and the use of the services they contain. Without them, the site or some parts of it may not work correctly. So they are always used regardless of the user’s preferences. This type of cookies is always sent from our domain. The user has the faculty to remove these cookies through the functions of his browser, as indicated hereunder
The cookies of Google Analytics may change name, increase or decrease in number at any time and
without prior notice.
- Other cookies of third parties: cookies of this type are used to carry out some specific services, and the suppliers of these services may in turn install cookies for their correct performance. For any other information on cookies, consult the third-party policies.If you do not want your data to be used by Google Analytics, you may install the additional component of the browser according to the methods described by Google in the following addresses:
Furthermore, you may deactivate the cookies also by intervening on the settings of the browser being used. But remember that deactivating the cookies may cause the malfunctioning of the site or unavailability of some functions. Each browser has different procedures for settings management.
To follow, we shall propose the links to the instructions for the more common browsers.
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/it-it/windows7/block-enable-or-allow-cookies
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=it
- Apple Safari: http://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/it/cookies/
- MozillaFirefox: https://support.mozilla.org/it/kb/Attivare%20e%20disattivare%20i%20cookie
Social network buttons and widgets
The social buttons are the “buttons” present on the site which portray the social network icons (e.g. Facebook, Instagram, YouTube and Twitter) and allow you to interact with a “click” directly with the social platform. The social buttons on this site are links that send you to our account on the social networks shown. Through the use of these buttons however, third-party cookies are not installed on the site.
The links are however given where the user may view the privacy information related to data management by the Social networks, to which these buttons refer to.